PDA

View Full Version : Best practice re: paths in class files

Jesse
10-02-2003, 11:44 AM
In FMX2 we're all going to be using external class files which are neatly encapsulated and very good for OOP but I've come across a situation (using the formatting option of the WebServiceConnector component to be exact) where I need to reference an MC on the stage from within a Class method wich resides in an external file. Now I know HOW to do this, but I'm looking for opinions on what the BEST WAY, in terms of good conding practice would be.

What do people think would be considered best practice when this situation occurs? Using absolute paths? Using relative paths? Passing in the path as an argument? Some other means?

I'm after opinions more than anything else, with justification if possible.

Thanks in advance.

hangalot
10-03-2003, 05:40 AM
pass the path as a argument since using either relative or absolute paths can break down if u starting using this class in a differant place.

Jesse
10-03-2003, 10:20 PM
Hehe I was hoping ppl wouldn't pick that option as the class is actually being invoked automatically as a formatter for the WebServiceConnector... I don't think the invoking WS MovieClip is actually passed. I'll look into it.

Thx.

farafiro
10-05-2003, 04:12 AM
I didn't read about the new way, just heared about it but i;d say long live relative paths