PDA

View Full Version : libray MC's from loaded swf

gonda
10-09-2003, 11:10 AM
I load an swf onto my main stage. If I don't put the MC's of the swf in the library of my main stage I don't see anything!!!

What's the point of using different swf's then to make the download go faster if you always have to put all the MC's of the loaded swf in the main library??

Guess I'm missing something here ... :o

pauck
10-09-2003, 12:31 PM
as far as i know (don't have as much experience as others in this forum) you always have to include your components in the library. is the swf coming from another fla or is it from a scene within your main movie? if it is coming from a scene within your main movie it should already be in the library. loading information from an external swf is a great way to not clutter your main timeline, to keep everything organized and to minimize loading time, so having your MCs in the library does nothing wrong to your overall movie. i hope this helps and maybe someone more experienced can add more.
good luck!

Xtreme3
10-09-2003, 01:52 PM
Maybe this will help:
http://www.actionscript.org/tutorials/intermediate/multi_preloader/index.shtml

gonda
10-10-2003, 04:22 AM
So in fact you think that having your movieclips from the loaded swf as well in the main library as in the library of the loaded swf doesn't make your movie go slower? Hmm, then it would be okI guess :)

Only, I think it is so weird that you have to copie your MC's from one library to another to have it working. Somehow then the whole meaning of loading different swf's to your movie doesn't maken much sense anymore, does it? It does make it more organised I guess ...

pauck
10-13-2003, 10:53 AM
well, the only way that i have loaded movie clips from swf files into the main scene/timeline has been by using a number of scenes and making those my swfs, in other words, these swfs (with the movie clips in them) are still part of the same fla and the components are already stored in the library of the project; therefore, i don't have to copy/paste them anywhere else.
i hope that i am explaining myself well. look at my site, it still has a few bugs, i uploaded it last night, but the point is each project is its own swf file that i created in a separate scene within one fla.

(www.io.com/~dushkeen)

i have worked on a number of sites and this structure seems to work for me since i can keep everything organized for late editing if necessary.

gonda
10-13-2003, 12:27 PM
yes, I know what you mean. but the thing is that I already loaded swf's with their MC's (in the library), and I didn't have to copy them into my main library to make them work ... :confused:

but hey, it is working now, I just hope it's not gonna have to load too long now ... I'll check that when I load up my site ! ;)

good luck with your site! looks ok!

pauck
10-13-2003, 02:28 PM
the important thing it that it works, so good luck to you too!