PDA

View Full Version : fscomand"fullscreen" Jesse, salutations

crzyhorse
02-03-2001, 10:04 AM
Am i stupid or what...this must be real easy, but maybe i'm lacking in that mystical realm of dreams.....jesse, good to have you back! the star field is on try again tonight...not too much luck though...any ideas???

Jesse
02-03-2001, 10:12 AM
To go full screen place this on a button or keyframe:
fscommand ("fullscreen", "true");

This will make the projector/standalone player go full screen, but not an SWF in HTML.

Hi CrzyHorse, I've not thought about the star field today, been a bit busy, I'll look into prehaps making a sample tomorrow.

Cheers

Jesse

crzyhorse
02-03-2001, 09:15 PM
the barren wastelands of bytes and megabytes have echoed the name of the lost wanderer in the lands of "VACATION"...
is it good to be back??? the fs-thing was just some wierd momentary lapse of reason, i was really looking for the java solution and i've been successful...its the little victories that keep you going.....well, winning the wars aren't so bad either......just got photoshop6, lots of nice new bells and whistles....

cheers

Jesse
02-04-2001, 12:01 AM
Alright, I did this instead of breakfast, so don't say I don't do anything for ya!
http://www.actionscripts.org/help/crzyhorse/starfield/
Check it out.

Star field version 2 contains only 3 stars, I found it to be ample for the effect. It's widescreen, and it doesn't 'grow' it just stays in the same proportions.
Star field version 2 (expending) does just what you want, it starts off wide and thin and expands to fill the whole screen. Makes a good screen saver actually.

Since you only need to expand the stage once per run-trough of stars, I've put the source on just one star. Checkout the last frame of the star on the left most of the stage and you will see it has 2 extra lines of code.

I've commented where appropriate, but I was still in kinda a rush so if you have troubles, ask.

Also note that I dumped the funtion() idea and just made each star make a duplicate of itself before it dies. That's easier and it works better.

Cheers

Jesse

crzyhorse
02-04-2001, 06:32 AM
how did you learn scripting so well at 18??? keep studying and if you know some good source material for "THE KNOLEDGE" please let me know...thanks! you great!

Jesse
02-04-2001, 11:06 AM
I got sick, then all I could do was sit around and learn Flash or go mad. So yeah, I'm learning Flash :)
What's "THE KNOWLEDGE"?

Cheers

Jesse

crzyhorse
02-04-2001, 07:09 PM
you know...scripting, those elusive pieces of words and numbers, symbols and formations that make our heads spin......hey, I realy appriciate the help....so keep it up,hu....oh,I reduced the y to +5 to limit the initial spead on the screen and altered the graphics to test the modal and i wound up with too many symbols on stage....slooooooowwwwwwww....can we duplicate and then, after some time reduce them to 0, or to one for one, random and every couple of seconds???

be good,
cheers

Jesse
02-04-2001, 11:35 PM
za? You mean you want to limit the number of duplications? Like not always duplicate one for every one which dies?
How about generating a random number from 0 or 1 and ifit's 1, duplicating, else, not...
That will randomly cause your field to get smaller, (less objects), and eventually it would dissapear alltogether...

Cheers

Jesse

crzyhorse
02-05-2001, 04:48 AM
where are you? i'm in italy where the pasta grows on trees....and pizza is an agricultural crop.......you mean with a couple of set properties some where down the line...I'll try to convert one of your samples....thanks...oh, and keep the forked end down, hu...

ciao...

crzyhorse
02-05-2001, 04:51 AM
now that i've opened my eyes i can see that you are from australia......hows the kangarooooos down under????

Jesse
02-05-2001, 06:23 AM
Here I must dispell a common myth. I porlly see a Kangaroo about a often as you do :)
Seriously though, I've not often seen them coz I don't go up country very much. I live in a C-I-T-Y, these things we inherited from the US I think, they have lots of really tall buildings and air the color of soot and all sorts of charm :)

Actually where I am is quite clean and nice. I live near the Zoo too so I guess I could see a Kangaroo if I wanted to :)

Cheers

Jesse