PDA

View Full Version : Timeline like movie

jerome_lab
07-07-2001, 10:45 AM
I would like to build a timeline with all the frames of a movie being displayed next to each other. The user would push a button to get it into motion (12fps corresponding to a certain amount of pixels displacement)and thus watching a movie but could also stop and explores the timeline at a slower rate. Therefore I have two problems :

First, the length of the movie (10 seconds means 33000 pixels) How could you make a movie of this length?

Second the processing of "frames"(images of the movie)Is there a way of putting these images in Flash (Bmp sequence for instance)and to have an "automatic" offset of all subsequent images?

Thanks...

Jesse
07-07-2001, 11:17 AM
putting all the content on the first frame will be diffiult enough. you will either have to do it manually or have a whole regime of setting up your frames using attachMovieClip, which you could therefore do at the very beginning in small scale... hmm it sounds quite difficult. I think it would be best to have simple representations of keyframes throughout... but that's going to have to be done manually... the slowing down of frames we've discussed once before and it can only really be done by using some sort of delay. my personal favourite is a clipEvent (enterFrame) which incriments a counter and only move son once the counter == 3 or something, thus playing at 1/3 real time speed...
ok I'm babbling. I'd better get to bed