PDA

View Full Version : best way to access MC

revere
07-07-2001, 03:02 PM
I have imported an .eps file containing various streets and have converted it into a MC. Within the MC I copied the first frame of level 1 and pasted it into the next 10 frames. My intention was to create a second layer of labels over each frame and place a graphic that would appear showing where the street was, sort of an overlay, and then reference the label to a menu. The problem I ran into was that when I pasted each frame, it increased the size of the file making it difficult to work with (each frame was 300kb). I thought that the using the same instance would not increase the size of my file, what am I doing wrong? And now that you know what I am trying to do, is there a better way to accomplish my project? Eventually there will be a reference to approx. 400 streets.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I am a newbie but I am determined to create this project. Thanks

Revere

revere
07-07-2001, 10:50 PM
Believe it or not I was just at the book store and stumbled upon the answer! It is to go back to the first layer of the MC, select whatever frame I need to be the last frame and then "insert frame".

As an alternative I thought of creating a motion tween but without real motion, up to the last keyframe needed. I think that would have worked.

I would still appreciate some input from someone knowlegable to tell me if my intenions are the best course of actions to take.

Thanks again for bearing with me.

Revere