PDA

View Full Version : SWF within a FRAMESET

RODLAND
07-08-2001, 07:39 PM
This should be simple......

I'm trying to include a flash movie within the main (central) frame of a 3 frame frameset. I have set the frame's scrolling properties to off so that the frame will not scroll whatever the size of the movie or image within it.

This works fine with large images or plain text but for some reason a swf file seems to kick in the scrolling properties when a new page is opened within the main frame.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

MAC
FLASH
GOLIVE

pi
07-09-2001, 03:44 PM
i do not know if this helps but,

in your html use a specific pixel size for the size of your frame, make sure the flash movie matches that , when publishing your flash movie make sure html (from the flash) is that size('match movie')...use the code in your frame html "scrolling=no"

if that still dosen't work then try changing the size of the frame...but remember that smaller monitor might enable the scrolls...its a peach, but i found that it is alot of testing and retesting that gives you the most success

hope it helps

pi
07-09-2001, 03:49 PM
i just finished reading your letter and you are using golive for your coding...there is a area in golive that gives you all the attributes for your specific tag..and you just select which one you need its in the toolbar area between your source and preview ( i think)

this might give you some extra commands to prevent scrolling..?

RODLAND
07-14-2001, 12:11 PM
Tried everything. Come on guys, someone must know. Why does flash movies within a frameset kick scrolling back on even when the frame scrolling has been set to off??????????

Jesse
07-17-2001, 05:56 AM
if you're loading up a new html doc in the middle frame, ensure it has scrolling set off as well as the orriginal middle frame doc.

RODLAND
07-18-2001, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the last tip. I found it worked if I created the flash page within single frameset., which then goes into the middle frame.

Seems unnecessary but it works.