PDA

View Full Version : Japanese text, input fields and php <- php says it receives ???????

otium
11-23-2003, 08:03 PM
i'm building a site that has dutch french english and japanese content. i solved the japanese problem by just adding screenshots of all texts, also of the european languages (as flash cant text-justify dynamic textfields, screenshots just look niftier).

the problem i face now is that i want to implement a search engine in the site. what i did is paste all texts in a mysql database and let flash connect to it with a php script that returns the results. i can already search in the dutch texts. however, if i paste a japanese string in the text input field (displays correctly), and enter, php says it receives ??????? instead of the japanese signs (i installed the japanese font in windows ofcourse so that's not the problem). it seems flash just doesnt correctly unicode the bloody thing, as the php script doesnt receive it correctly. i tried to utf8_encode() the string in php but that didnt seem to do the trick. i think the problem is hidden in flash, not in the php code. i know the forum is flooded with these kind of questions but nowhere could i find a sollution to this problem. or maybe there's just no sollution?

would mx 2004 be better with this ?

cheers,
otium ..

rokmn3309
11-24-2003, 05:49 AM
you must decoding..

flash client AMFPHP(server)
escape(data) --> urldecode(get data) -> data
data <- unescape(get data) <-- urlencode(data)

bye..

otium
11-24-2003, 09:04 AM
do you have any idea if this can be done without amfphp ?

i just use a loadvars object at the moment. i might however get into amfphp anyway, i guess it's interesting.

thanx already
otium