PDA

View Full Version : having a problem with html tags in a dynamic text box (some php knowledge needed)

Sieg
12-01-2003, 04:49 PM
For some reason when i use html tags in my dynamic text box (which the flash loads text into using actionscript), I can't use more than a certain amount of characters...or something like that...for some reason the flash only enters half of the text file's data into this dynamic text box. The flash can load the whole thing if i don't use html tags, but i need to in order to format my text propperly.

My flash is tied into a php script, which saves in the format "$Input="<br>Name: $Name <br>Email: $Email <br>Prayer Requests: $Requests<br>.:::.";" and the variable prayers (the dynamic text box) loads from the text file which is in the format "&prayers=<br>Name: Nick<br>Email: [email protected]<br>Prayer Requests: Prayer requests..please help.<br>.:::."

All i want it to do is save so that it is formatted and reads into the flash like:

Name: Name
Email: Email Address
Prayer Requests: Requests
.:::.
Name: Name
etc........

hangalot
12-05-2003, 10:00 AM
i would say that your html is not properly formatted according to the HTML standard which flash supports ( i think its HTML 2)