PDA

View Full Version : very simple AI for a game

mullwaden
12-02-2003, 06:24 PM
I'm doing a zelda-like game. I've made it work somewhat i walks around in a world and can walk into houses and stuff, there are also some items. What im missing now is the monsters :D

Basically what i want these to do is run after my character if i is within certain range anyone got an idea how this can be done ? :)

bassouma86
12-02-2003, 07:01 PM
What's that game ??

I've never heard of such a game !!

maybe it's me or maybe it ain't so popular but anyway send some info about the game & it's rules & i might be of some assistant

mullwaden
12-03-2003, 06:45 AM
ive made it myself :) or you mean you dont know what zelda is ? Omg ! its like the best game for all nintendo consoles :P anyway what you do is you walk around with a character what i want the monster to do is to walk after you if you are withing certain range.

CyanBlue
12-03-2003, 07:00 AM
Well... Just because it is famous for the Nintendo people, that doesn't mean that it is famous worldwide... I've heard of it, but I have not seen it with my bare eyes... ;)

I remember there were some discussion on AI stuff at the Kirupa if I remember correctly... Go search the forum... ;)

scaramanga
12-03-2003, 01:09 PM
Here is an example, the movieclip follows the cursor, if you want a clip that follows you main character you just have to change the _ymouse and _xmouse with the path and (_x,_y) property of you character movieclip.