PDA

View Full Version : Possible problem with Jesse Stratford PHP-Remoting Tutorial

thelusmcneely
12-04-2003, 03:15 PM
The Jesse Stratford Tutorial on
http://www.actionscript.org/tutorials/intermediate/PHP_Remoting/index.shtml
may have some problems with the amfphp 0.9.0b.

I'm running a local server with Apache/2.0.46 (Win32) PHP/4.3.3 under XP.

I've folowed the very intructions on the Tutorial, but something gone wrong. The requests wore made correctly, but no response from the script.

In the NetConnection Debbuger Window I could see the prossible problems with the _SESSION variables that was undeclared. I've checked very hard on the Apache conf and PHP.ini but no errors was found. I have also some fully funcitional script using Sessions running on the server (HTML only without Flash).

Then I downloaded the earlier version of amfphp (0.5.1) and with this version the script runs smoothly...

Well, I'm not an advanced programer, but I'm familiarized well with PHP and Actionscript and I think this is just a litle imcompatibility problem within ampf versions.

Well, by the way the tutorial is very good and i must congratulate Jesse for this one. Many thanks.

Thelus

toony
12-06-2003, 03:03 PM
Have anyone found a solution to the problem..?

I just tried to use the script in the tutorial, but i get an "user has no access to returnString" error..

I have installed amfphp on my server, and i know it works, because i've tried it with another tutorial, and that worked..

so what can be the problem..?

thelusmcneely
12-06-2003, 05:53 PM
I've recivied a personal answer from Jesse, the tutorial writer.

The tutorial will be re-writen verry soon, but if you don't wanna wait for the oportunity, do like myself, instal the version 0.5.1 of the tutorial.

I'm not shure of the problem itself, i spect that Jesse explains that in the new version.

olaf3
01-02-2004, 08:30 AM
Hallo,

i got the same problem while using this tutorial. The solution is to change the error-reporting option in the php.ini.

use the configuration:

E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

And it works.