PDA

View Full Version : Best Flash MX and 2004 Game Online books?

obsoleteasian
12-04-2003, 06:07 PM
Well. I couldn't figure a forums area to put it but, I was wondering. I am in the process of studying and working on my own personal multiplayer flash game, and was wondering what books people would recommend for me. I just finished reading friends of ed, flash 5 game studio book, which was pretty good, but of course it is for flash 5 and i know a few things have been easier in mx and 2004 and wanted to read up on the newest things. I just got Macromedia Flash MX 2004 Game programming by premier press but it seems to have a little bit on multiplayer aspect. Which I am trying to focus on. Mostly doing with serverside and clientside issues, and ways to develop them. Any ideas on books dealing with flash and not flash that i may have an interest in checking.

kerek
12-04-2003, 09:39 PM
I can't help you, but maybe you could help me.
Do you know any good Flash sidescroller game type tutorials?

I have a school project to do and need some help to make this game worthwhile.

Thanks man,

kerek
12-04-2003, 09:45 PM
Actually I can offer you this book:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0201770210/ref=ase_ultrashock-20/002-0345867-3535214?v=glance&s=books

obsoleteasian
12-05-2003, 03:28 AM
umm i have yet to see a tutorial directly related to sidescrolling. perhaps concentrate on using a movieclipped level that scrolls ... a lot to explain but that is the general direction. btw. thanks. i actually have that book. i read it a while back but didn't really catch on to it. so i just grabbed it out of my library and going to read it again... i just skimmed and it has some stuff in it that will help me.