PDA

View Full Version : to install amfphp?

SeanPaul72
12-14-2003, 10:34 PM
Do I need to have access to my server?

right now I am hosting with a hosting company, so I thought my root index would be my html file on my server, where I post all my web stuff.

So do I need to access the root of my server?

Or can I post amfphp in my html folder with my hosting company?

This will clear up a lot of confusion for me.

i know this sounds like a dumb question, considering that this is a server integration forum, but since I can run php and access mysql via phpMyAdmin via my hosting service
I thought I could run amfphp on my server without having access to the server side of things. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the help.

CyanBlue
12-14-2003, 11:56 PM
Howdy... ;)

If you are asking if you have to have 'root' priviliage to install the AMFPHP, no, you do not need to have one... I know that because I do not have that root privilage, yet I have it installed it on the host... :DI thought I could run amfphp on my server without having access to the server side of things.What do you mean??? :confused:

SeanPaul72
12-15-2003, 12:58 AM
I've been trying all day to get amfphp to work with no luck, so I thought I needed access to the root of the server, you know, where php is installed and mysql.

But since posting on the html folder on my server via my hosting service, is the root of my server as far as amfphp is concerned, I should be able to get it working.

Does that make sense?

I'll give it a fresh shot tomorrow.

Right now I have relapsed into doing some design work.

Thanks for the help.