PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial php-remoting by jesse stratford

olaf3
01-02-2004, 08:54 AM
Hallo,

i'm just busy with this tutorial from Jesse. It's really strange: If I execute the file "simple_gateway.php" it will be downloaded by the browser. All my php-scripts works very well.

I'm working with Apache/1.3.28 Server at localhost and PHP Version 4.3.3.

CyanBlue
01-02-2004, 09:03 AM
Howdy... ;)

you'd have to call that PHP file from the Flash not from the web browser...

olaf3
01-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Hallo,

that right, calling the file in flash there generates no problem. But why is this file not executed like my other php-files???

annexion
01-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Freddycodes addressed that issue in the following thread.

http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=38659&highlight=php+remoting

He's good for things like that;)

CyanBlue
01-03-2004, 12:05 AM
No... He's good for everything... :D

olaf3... Please do some searching before you post the question... That usually will save you big time... :)

olaf3
01-03-2004, 04:54 AM
Nornally i search for this things, but this time it is not a constant problem sometimes it works with the download window and sometimes not. I realized the header information but i didnt reliazed the "include" of this header.

thanks, believe me if your local configuration works best with php and suddenly you one of this download windows then there comes a big questionmark....

CyanBlue
01-03-2004, 05:17 AM
Oh, don't get me wrong, olaf3... I wasn't yelling at you because you did not search... :)
I was happy to answer when I first saw the question... It might have beel a long pause before you get the answer if somebody was not around and searching might have helped you quick if it was that situation... That's all I am saying... :)

annexion
01-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Yeah, the terms to search for on a very specific issue like that wouldn't be easy to come up with. I just remember reading it before. But at least now we've got a couple threads pointing to it so the search will work in the future for it.

olaf3
01-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Of course searching the board could be a solution for quick answers.

I'm in a status of research about intactive flash movies. What do you think about interacting with Flash using a Xml-file?