PDA

View Full Version : Variables

Pawn Rush
07-18-2001, 04:00 PM
OK, here's my prob.

I load a variable from an asp page, and I know it works, because I have a dynamic text box showing the value.

I then use getUrl to call up another web page. I pass variables with GET and it nothing is appended to the url. In other words, the variable I loaded earlier doesn't get passed. Is this not supposed to work like this?

Can anyone help out?

loadVariablesNum ("basic_var.asp", 0);
getURL ("emp_data.asp", "_blank", "GET");

snowdude
07-19-2001, 02:38 AM
Hum, should work. Sometimes it just takes some time playing around with it. One thing you can do is just leave out the get command altogether and attach the var onto the end of the string like -

getURL ("emp_data.asp?Var="+Var1, "_blank");

It's easier to track sometimes that way, or at least make sure the variable exists in the level, mc that your using the get call from.

-Jeff.

barkers
07-19-2001, 10:30 AM
try this just as a test. type something in the textboxes. the publish, and run and see if the values you types are passed to the url instead of the imported ones.

barkers
07-19-2001, 10:37 AM
oh yeah and tell me what happens.

ive had to get round this problem by sending all the values in one string like this:
valuesList=clipName1:value1,clipName2:value2....et c
then split on ',' and then on ':', and assign the value the variable.
im assigning the same variable each time, but to a different movieClip. ie. clipName1.testVar=value1, clipName2.testVar=value2.
you may need to adapt the method slightly if your situation is different

Jesse
07-20-2001, 05:55 AM
remember only variables on the _root are sent when you use GET and POST meethods...