PDA

View Full Version : max char using load variable?

KMay
07-18-2001, 08:25 PM
I'm using a flash to send web based email (post), so the user type messages which I connect to a database (filemaker Pro 5).

When I use a short string like below, then our web application is working great :-)

"http://developer:591/ekhmer/FMPro?-DB=ekhmer.fp5&-Format=done.html&-Error=error.htm&to_email=[email protected]&from_email=[email protected] &message=testtesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttestte sttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttest testte&lang=limon&eng=&-New=+Add+"

But when sending a long string like below, it wont work :-|

Error opening URL "http://developer:591/ekhmer/FMPro?-DB=ekhmer.fp5&-Format=done.html&-Error=error.htm&to_email=[email protected]&from_email=[email protected]&message=testtesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttestte sttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttest testtesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttestte sttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttest testtesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttestte sttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttest testtesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttestte sttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttest testtesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttestte sttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttest testtesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttestte sttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttest testtesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttestte sttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttest testvv&lang=limon&eng=&-New=+Add+"

... anyone?

Kim

barkers
07-19-2001, 10:39 AM
this is probably because you are using the GET method which has a limit to the amount of data. you need to use the post method.

if you are doing a getURL you should be able to specifiy the method. this will then send all the variables in the timeline

KMay
07-19-2001, 11:49 AM
Yes, I've been using POST method...

Someone tells me now that the problem is Flash can't have varible names that begin with "-" e.g. -format and the problem with filemaker is that they need those varibles. For that reason it looks like the max string lenght is 2k.

I guess I would need to look for another database backend such as xml or php.... Thus, would be interesting to get in thouch with folks who have dealt with flash and xml using filemaker.

Kim