PDA

View Full Version : Cam Setup

datatechs
01-24-2004, 04:30 PM
RandomCamSound component:

I need to know how to make a flash, cam file that I can make work with either an ip address or domain name
Can anyone tell me if the below script could be edited to make it work?
All I want to do is make a flash file that will load llive my cam so people can view it over the net at say, 30 frames per sec.
kaz thanks for any help.

webCamActivity.prototype.onLoad = function() {
this.cam = Camera.get();
this.cam.setMode(640, 480, 24, true);
this.webCam.attachVideo(this.cam);
this.webCam._visible = this.viewCam;
this.webCam._alpha = this.camAlpha;
var cB = this;
this.cam.onActivity = function() {
cB.activate();

mrand01
01-31-2004, 07:03 PM
for other people to view your camera, I think you'd need a copy of flash communication server

datatechs
01-31-2004, 09:09 PM
I did purchase com server, it works great but is pretty intense on resources.

kaz

mrand01
01-31-2004, 09:19 PM
its not too bad on resources...I run a web server running Win2k Advanced Server and FlashCom. The comp is a dual 1ghz p3 xeon w/ 1 gb of RAM. Now granted, thats a fast computer, but by todays standards its really not. What kind of machine are you running FCS on?

datatechs
02-01-2004, 01:39 AM
I am running it on a kinda slow machine, around 1 gig, with 512 ram and running xp pro with pws.

I have a couple of dual processor, 2 gig of ram machines, just have not messed with setting them up to do web serving.
I will probably set them up for my streaming machines and use them.
I was using the Video conferencing in Communications Server.
Watching my bandwidth. It was sucking down pretty good.
I know that because when I use msn messenger to do the same thing, it does not use nearly as much bandwidth.

I do love the Come server software though.

:D

mrand01
02-01-2004, 02:30 AM
don't use the video conferencing component included w/ FCS. It doesn't give you enough flexibility. Use the Video, NetStream, and NetConnection objects to connect to your server and play video, you should have better results.