PDA

View Full Version : gotoAndPlay

::: e d g a r ::::
07-23-2001, 03:43 AM
Hi there,

This is driving me crazy. Please help me!!!!

I'm working on a friend's portfolio. The idea is to create a simple SWF file to be sent by eMail attachment (or so); basically it is a off-line interactive portfolio...

The problem? this proyect is based on Scenes to structure the Navegation system. Unfortunately I have noticed that the "goto" action script DOES NOT work when it is assigned to a button that is embedded in another movie clip...this button behaves normaly (rollovers on so on), it is possible to jump to another frame on the parent movieClip timeline and to get URL works as well. But it CANNOT trigger the movie to jump to another scene unless this action is assigned to an independent button placed directly on the stage...

I guess this must be a "_root"/level mistake but have no idea how to fix it...I have tried several ways based on "tellTarget" actions but none works properly nor keeps consistency with the general structure.

Please someone helps me...I really need to finish this project and so far frustration is all what I feel...

Do not hesitate to contact me for further datails of my dilemma.

Thanks

Jesse
07-23-2001, 06:21 AM
see the paths tutorial.
_root.gotoAndPlay(bleh) will fix your problem

Search
07-26-2001, 08:41 PM
try using the evaluate action. i think its a little more intuitive than the tell target but its the same idea.