PDA

View Full Version : WebService - What's a "Map/Struct" from a .cfc

boze
02-05-2004, 10:29 AM
okay, well i get the sense that with only two posts and zero responses in a month that i'm sort of 'sendin out an s.o.s.' here, but whatever...

my web service will work okay with a simple string or an array, but the real method that my cold fusion colleague has setup for me produces results that appear as a "CVC Query Recordset" or something in the Flash Web Services panel. I'm just describing the little description that expands from the panel, not what I actually get because I can't read that in to flash for the life of me.

now i'm new at this and was using the "Tip of The Day" tutorial at the macromedia site to get started using the WebService Component, and all their results are of a type called "Map/Struct" and I'm thinking that maybe if my cf guy can send me results like that I'd be able to use them or consume them or whatever.

just a hunch since i can get a string or an array but not the CF Query Recordset array of objects or whatever it is.

or maybe i just need a few pointers on how to access that array and he can do the recordset approach after all.

thanks.

acidbaby
09-15-2004, 06:37 PM
I am just wondering if you ever found the answer to this. I have encountered the same problem and can not find anything documenting Map/Struct anywhere. I can't seem to get the right syntax to pass it along through the WebServiceConnector. The results always come back as undefined. If you found the answer or if any one else knows, please share.

acidbaby
09-16-2004, 08:08 PM
Here are some screen captures to maybe give a better idea of my problem.
example 1 (http://acidbabies.com/wsc-01.jpg)
example 2 (http://acidbabies.com/wsc-02.jpg)

The value that I am trying to send through FTVAR_VALUES is FTVAR_FORUMID = 41; and some functions of this Web Service require more values for this.

FTVAR_FORUMID = 41;
FTVAR_CATID = 81;

Is there a way to pass these along in a single line through this component?