PDA

View Full Version : Change values in object loaded with LoadMovie

cyberluk
02-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Hi! I want to load a button(.swf) into my main .swf animations - In button.swf I have a Dynamic Input Text, but I really don`t know how can I change the text value from my main .swf :-/

I want to load a button.swf into movieclip and then change the button`s description :-/

Please help, thanks! I`ve read all tutorials about this and couldn`t find any help.

CyanBlue
02-05-2004, 01:11 PM
Well... The basics would be something like this...

You have button.swf file and the main timeline of that button.swf file, you have an input textfield with the instance name of input_txt, for example...

You load the button.swf into the movieclip, holder_mc, of the main.swf file like this...

_level0.holder_mc.loadMovie("button.swf");

Then, you can refer the textfield like this...

_level0.holder_mc.input_txt.text = "New Text Here";

Well... That's the basics of all it matters, but you should read the path tutorial and make it all yours so that you can fully understand what's going on and how you can make reference to all other items in your movie...

If you need further assistance, you might want to make a simple sample and upload it so that other people can take a look at it and tell you how to solve the problem... :)

cyberluk
02-05-2004, 01:14 PM
No....this isn`t my problem - I have two separated .swf file - one will load the second into it (with LoadMovie) - but when I load the button.swf into my another .swf file , I can`t change it`s variables.

cyberluk
02-05-2004, 01:17 PM
Well - there`s my file

cyberluk
02-05-2004, 01:25 PM
Well...now I know how to do it :
I have to put this line into main timeline of main .swf :
loadMovie("themes/FBlue/button.swf",button);

This will load a "button.swf" into my movieclip "button" ,then I can change the variable using _root.button.input_txt.text="something";
:-D

Thanks for fast answer instead ;-)

CyanBlue
02-05-2004, 01:28 PM
Well... That's what I meant... ???

Anyways, glad you got it solved...