PDA

View Full Version : sounds in flash

NoRain
07-24-2001, 09:46 AM
Hi all,
Im about to finish my flash movie and there seem to have a problem with my sound embedded in it. sometimes the sound didn't synchronize with the movie, what i mean is it sometimes plays ahead than the movie and there are also times that my movie plays ahead of the sound.... :( is there a way to fix this? (..i know it has.... i just dont know it :)

NoRain
Davao City
Philippines

zekebru
07-24-2001, 01:03 PM
NoRain -

I don't want to assume too much, but did you try making sure the sounds are set on "streaming?" I've never had a problem once I did that. Just make sure you really want it streaming, because it will cut off the end of the sound if you don't have enough frames.

NoRain
07-25-2001, 02:56 AM
Hi Jason,

thanks for that quick reply...
yeah, i tried setting it as streaming, however, my movie plays ahead of the sound, it plays in the middle of the movie. I just thought if i'd make a preloader in the beginning... would it work? what do u think?

TIA
:)
NoRain

Rainer
07-26-2001, 03:42 PM
setting sounds to stream is not always efficient. If you use complex sounds they will not always stay in sync with the animations. The proper way to fix this situation is to insert a "null" (or a non sound) at the beginning of your movie and set that to stream. You will need to repeat this sound for approximately the length of the movie. You can create a non sound in Sound Forge or other programs similar to that, you record nothing and then shrink it to the smallest possible length and then export to MP3. this whole process keeps everything in the movie streaming and properly in sync. Hope this helps.

zekebru
07-26-2001, 03:46 PM
Rainer --

That's quite a good idea. I will definitely use it in the future. It would be nice if Flash's "streaming" and supposed synchronization actually worked properly, but as long as it doesn't, it sounds like a pretty easy fix.

Cheers