PDA

View Full Version : projector file opening a browser

lfujinaga
07-25-2001, 03:24 AM
i have a stand alone projector file, that has a button to open up a browser. (I'm using GET URL). On the Windows projector file, the browser window opens up behind the projector file. Is there anything (scripting) I can implement on this file so that the browser appears in front? I also have the projector file fill up the whole screen, so I'd have to quit the projector to look at the browser. I need help, quick!

Hollywood_Dave
07-25-2001, 04:51 PM
I'm actually doing something similar myself and I hadn't even thought about that problem. Tried it out, sure enough, my Flash projector is in front of the browser it opens (I am opening Shockwave movies off CD Rom).

I suspect the solution is in Javascript--so when the window opens, it is instructed to go to the front. I am digging around, but so far nothing. I'll let you know.

If you learn of a solution in the meantime, please let eveyone know!

defrex
07-25-2001, 05:02 PM
i'm not the greatest with javascript but i THINK this is right:

<script>
<!--
window.focus()
//-->
</script>

just toss that puppy into the head of the html page and it should do the job. again i'm not 100% sure that will work like i think it will, but it should.

lfujinaga
07-25-2001, 05:44 PM
thanks for the javascript, but the url i want the projector file to open up is not created by me. it's a company's website i want the projector to link to...

Michael Kivi
11-09-2001, 04:28 PM
I'm having the exact same issue. A projector file in Full Screen mode with links to html documents. 2 of the html docs are mine, and 3 are to external websites. I've tried loading the suggested javascript into the head of my html docs, and it doesn't seem to be working. I've also tried adding: onLoad="self.focus();" to the
body tag of my html docs.

The problem seems specific to IE5. . .

HELP!

miakazi
12-04-2002, 07:44 AM
also trying to figure this one out- I'm working with a projector file for a cd-rom. Does the javascript go into the get URL action? it didn't work for me, but maybe I didn't word it correctly..

miakazi

DiDi
12-04-2002, 03:51 PM
Check this:

http://usuarios.lycos.es/didinomade/ProjectorsBurningFAQ.htm

Resources section has a list of 3rd party tools (free and comercial) that you might find usefull.

Hope this helps...

DD

flux2k
12-04-2002, 05:24 PM
You can try out my utilty found here (http://freemx.arsware.org)
but it will only run on windows and it also has to have the Flash activex installed.

whatinspiresu
04-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Im having the same issue.

I was able to add the fscommand-quit, along with geturl. That closes the projector file and loads the URL with the same button click.

My problem is, that when it loads the html, the browser is minimized.

Anyone know whats goin on here?

The only thing that worked for me is Flash Jugglor. I dont want to spend $300 for 1 presentation.

I also thought that a javascript to load the page behind the projector would work, then it would only need the quit fscommand to view the browser window.

If anyone knows how to load a url, when the projector file starts... Let me know!