PDA

View Full Version : Problem w/ Images in scrolling content.

schubee
02-08-2001, 08:33 PM
I have successfully used the scrolling content tutorial, but when I export or publish, a few of my images (jpg images that have been imported) come out all messed up. They look fine in the .fla, but show up with serious problems in a swf & exe. Anyone had this experience or know how to resolve the issue. I tried redoing the whole thing by re-importing the images, but they still come out messed up.

Strok
02-08-2001, 08:53 PM
If you are talking about quality of images ,you can fix it by increasing JPEG QUALITY in publish settings

schubee
02-08-2001, 09:02 PM
that's not it. some of the images (4 out of 8), come out totally irrecognizable, like they've been smeared across horizontally.

Jesse
02-09-2001, 12:08 AM
This 'smearing' occurs with the text tooi if the text field is not long enough. Basically Flash has come to the end of the scrollable content and is repeating the last bit of the last scroll so you end up with a really screwwy image. I've not ever encountereeed this with the image version but I'm not surprised.

To fix it, add some content (just a line, the same color as your background, or something alpha faded to 0%) to the bottom of the content MC. This way Flash won't think that the last picture is the very end of the clip.

Like this:
------------
|This is...|
|your pic..|
|content...|
------------

------------ <- just a line or soemthing small and invisible here to stretch the boundaries of the content clip beyond the edge of the last graphic.

If that doesn't solve it, repost.

Cheers

Jesse

schubee
02-09-2001, 03:33 PM
That worked!!
Thanks, Jesse.