PDA

View Full Version : On the stage or off?

ajax
02-09-2001, 01:44 AM
Just wondering, is it ok to make parts of your movie not exactly on the stage?
EXAMPLE: I put a rectangle on the very edge of the stage, but when I tested the movie, there was still some room to the left. I then placed my rectangle slightly off of the stage, tested it and it looked nice and tight to the left. What's the best way? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Mattarm
02-09-2001, 02:21 AM
Hi Ajax,

what you are probably seeing when you view your movie is probably the margins automatically imposed by the browser at the top and bottom of the movie.
You can remove these in the HTML of the page you publish. Can't remember the code off the top of my head but if you need it I could chase it up for you. Let me know if you need it
It is ok to have items off the stage as they should not show in the final movie - I often have MC.'s which move off the stage and it causes no problem.

Regards,
Matt

ajax
02-09-2001, 03:58 AM
Thanks I know where my content is now.
I'm still having a major problem though..

Here's my movie dimensions:
400x820
Here's my publish settings:
Template= Flash Only (Default)
Dimensions=Match Movie
Scale=Default Show All

I want my flash movie to fill the browsers width and height, and look the same in 800x600 and 1024x768.
It's just sitting all the way left and is not flush against the browsers edge. It has a gap. I'm ready to tear my hair out. I've been trying this for the past 4 days. Trying all kinds of publishing combinations.

Thanks a Million,
Ajax

Mattarm
02-09-2001, 05:33 AM
Ajax,

Not completely sure on the HTML but I think it is something like this:

to put inside the head tags:

leftmargin=0 topmargin=0

somebody else more into HTML will hopefully correct me on this.

I used to use a layer in dreamweaver to locate my movies properly but this is a bit messy. Much better to keep it simple.

Matt

Mattarm
02-09-2001, 05:38 AM
Ajax,

Found the link I was looking for to fix your problem>
http://www.moock.org/webdesign/flash/fillthewindow.html
Hope it helps.
Regards,
Matt

ajax
02-09-2001, 05:46 AM
Thanks Matt,

That margin trick worked perfectly! I'll check this link. Good news is that it looks pretty even in 800x600 and 1024. I think I just have to tweak my publish settings.

Thanks a million!!!!

Ajax

Chewie29
02-09-2001, 01:46 PM
topmargin=0 leftmargin=0 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0

Just put it in the body tag