PDA

View Full Version : referencing dynamic frame label

cmbarsotti
03-18-2004, 09:40 AM
Well, I'm just having a stupid problem. I can't seem to call a frame label unless I type the entire name in the gotoAndPlay field.

I have frame labels FrameSec1, FrameSec2, FrameSec3, etc. I call a init function for each section passing that number, in the end I want to go to that frame

gotoAndPlay("FrameSec" + thisSecNum);

This doesn't work!

If I type gotoAndPlay("FrameSec1") it's fine, but...

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Publishing as Flash 7 using AS 2.0

CyanBlue
03-18-2004, 12:04 PM
I could be wrong, but you cannot use dyanmic variable for the frame label and the scene name...

You can use dynamic frame label with gotoAndStop()/gotoAndPlay() function...

Ruben
03-18-2004, 01:02 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do here...

You want to give a frame some label [in flash, not with actionscript] and then calling it from a variable??

Because that's what I just did, here's the fla.

Good luck - Ruben

Ruben
03-19-2004, 11:07 AM
.....??? Did it work??

People often appreciate it when you let them know if it worked, espacially when they've put time and effort in helping you: read this (http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=37043)

- Ruben

cmbarsotti
03-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Sorry I did not post a response immediately after you posted your suggestion, I was busy.

Your file worked fine, I just (10 minutes ago) was able to sit back down with this Flash file and I realized I was calling the gotoAndPlay too soon. The mc hadn't loaded yet. For some stupid reason I thought attached mc's (addressed via linkage ID) would load faster then not.

Ruben
03-22-2004, 11:18 AM
About your PM:

You really have to allow people some time to answer your posts, I don't think most of us spend all day answering questions on newsgroups like it seems you do.

1. Yeah, I might be a bit over-active on the AS[org]Forums, that's because I'm online practically all day and I like helping people [when I start my PC I check the FMX04GeneralForums for new threads where I might be able to help and reply/subscribe to them]...
2. I've noticed there are a lot of people who start threads, get answers but don't say anything like 'thanks heaps' and stuff, sometimes it gets a bit irritating, so it happens that I just take it out on the wrong person...
3. I guess it could be kinda offending, but look at it this way: better telling people [incl. a few of the wrong people ] that it's polight to say 'thanks' then letting parasites get away with not being gratefull at all....
4. Sorry anyways...

See you around - Ruben

PS. You disabled your 'receiving PMs'-thingie :(