PDA

View Full Version : MP3 module check

Mortimer Jazz
04-02-2004, 07:10 AM
http://www.nwebb.co.uk/nw_flashsite/ (click on "player", then click one of the tracks eg "Detective")

I've tested this on a couple of Windows boxes and it works fine, but one person is reporting problems on their mac - they can't hear anything and get all sorts of weird problems.

Please you you test it and let me know of any problems. Ta.

--------------------------------------------------
Not all tracks have MP3's uploaded so please click on the first and/or second tracks when testing.

The FFW and RWD buttons and the STOP button don't currently work. I will finish these over the weekend. Please just ignore all buttons for now

Any feedback is most helpful. If it doesn't work please let me know what you see and hear (if anything) and what machine you're using (OS, RAM, Connection speed etc) - ta!

subquark
04-02-2004, 08:45 AM
nice looking site! :)

MP3 works great for me (but I'm on PC, XP, IE6)

very nicely made player!

Mortimer Jazz
04-02-2004, 09:03 AM
Thanks. It's good to know when it works as well as when(if) it fails so I can get an overall picture ( and cheers for the kind comments too :) )

So far it's failed for one person, on both their PC AND Mac - (I know what you may be thinking so bear with me...) Aparently the progress bars were working but no sound ever started playing. The odd thing is that it was capable of supporting a very simple test audio stream using Flash, so it's not as if all streaming audio was being blocked by a firewall or the sound was off or something stupid like that! I suppose I will have to wait for more replies before I can even start to guess what code may be causing it. Once again, thanks for the feedback!

Ruben
04-06-2004, 08:06 AM
Nice work!

Anyways, the player worked at my PC, don't know if it's usefull info...

But anyways, what I wanted to ask you: how did you do the thing of the swf checking the speed of my connection??

Cheers - Ruben

Mortimer Jazz
04-06-2004, 08:41 AM
yes, it's very useful - thanks :] I'm hoping to be able to get back to the guy who's having problems and either say n-People replied, and none have problems, or at least work out a % ratio of success to failure, plus I obviously want it to work for everyone who visits my site :]

I'll pm you about the connection speed stuff, because you helped me - cheers :)

Ruben
04-06-2004, 08:44 AM
:eek: DUDE! YOU'RE A F U C K I N GENIOUS!!!

Wish I could take the credit for that :D

Clever thinking - Ruben

g_wulfwud
04-12-2004, 11:54 PM
nice site man!

the player works on me.. (pc, win 2k)!

keep up the good work..

Mortimer Jazz
04-12-2004, 11:58 PM
hey thanks g_wulfwud
I don't think there are any mac users on this forum - lol ;)

g_wulfwud
04-13-2004, 12:10 AM
wow! that was a quick one <reply that is>...your site's look professional..very neat..

Mister Fisto
04-13-2004, 06:03 AM
Hi, your site is bung in Firefox. To see what I mean, go here (http://www.nihil.net.nz/images/) and click firefox.jpg
Can't link directly to the image because I've got Hotlink Protection on.

wdrock
04-15-2004, 09:00 PM
it's neat, a few things i would change immediately..... you need scroll bars on the main page, not just up and down arrow... also flash has choppy scrolling.... i hate all flash sites....also, your music player,,, it does not have a position slider.... that's annoyying.... also, when i tried to load your image area, it was just blank and said "loading" at least have a preloader bar or something there..... all flash sites look neat, but there are better things u can do. A positive thing about the site is, you did very good work making it look cool, but the diagional pixel background is getting a little played out now - internet trend.!

xthebanditx
04-16-2004, 10:43 AM
Happened upon this thread in my trawls across the internet trying to find a decent mp3 player. I've spent the last 3 weeks messing around with bits and pieces trying to get one to do exactly what yours is doing.

Any chance of a tutorial or a look at the fla?...

flakedb
04-19-2004, 01:35 AM
when I play a track i have played before it jumps between thext saying "streaming..." and "playing previously downloaded track"...i was trying to find an easy way to recreate this but i cant..im on a fast pc with xp and ie 6 plash player 7
_DB

Mortimer Jazz
04-19-2004, 07:08 AM
Mister Fisto - thanks (and cheers for the screen shot so I could see what you mean). Hmmm, I'm using Flash's 100% settings with a fixed Stage size which means Flash takes care of the positioning - nothing that should cause that. As far as I'm aware it works in all other browsers. Just to check - are you using the latest plugin as well?

wdrock - thanks, points taken. I will change the scrollbar, all other things you mention are simply down to the site being far from finished - I just wanted to troubleshoot the player for now.

xthebanditx - hi not yet, but possibly in the near future. I want to get everything built and working properly first.

flakedb - cheers flaskdb, I'll try and sort that out. :)

xxlm
04-19-2004, 06:32 PM
All is working for me mate.
Just on idea.
Let the user when playing already start, choosing it's connection (fast/low).
Cuase I was on fast but the buffer time was not enought in fact for my connection type...
:) :)

C ya

Aeluv
04-20-2004, 07:39 AM
lovely stuff. works perfectly. i'm on win XP + IE 6.

xxlm
04-20-2004, 02:32 PM
Oh btw I'm on WIN XP, OPERA 7.23.

Mortimer Jazz
04-21-2004, 03:57 AM
XXLM - that's already on my to-do list . Thanks!
Aeluv - Thanks for checking for me too!

The same guy who's having problems with the audio in IE is also telling me that the site resizes to fit the screen on Windows box but not on his mac box, so hopefully it's just his browser that is buggered - but just to check...

I'm getting Flash to expand to fit the whole screen, but the actual stage area should remain a fixed size (as in the screenshot). Hopefully there's no bug with using this method.

xxlm
04-21-2004, 07:17 AM
;)
Great work :) :) I like the design.
It's a place where I have difficulties, but I'm working hard on it... :) :)

Mortimer Jazz
04-27-2004, 06:21 PM
Cheers xxlm :)