PDA

View Full Version : AVI in Flash? it doesn't show....

NoRain
08-01-2001, 02:00 AM
Hi Jesse and all!

thanks for the quick reply to my Q's! it worked! :)
another one here.... it's about my .AVI movies. i made a 3D
movie in 3D studio max and i want want it to embed in my flash movie. I successfuly placed this movie (3D) in flash however, it doesn't appear when i play it. in the main stage i can see the movie animation but dependent to my timeline... the problem is --- it doesn't show after i publish it. OR its not possible for an AVI to be imported? dont have the program to convert it as .MOV!

TIA
NoRain

Tiagom
08-01-2001, 01:57 PM
Hi, it's not possible to import avi's I've tryed that and I coudn't.
You can export your 3ds Max animation as .mov, but I'm not sure if you need a plug-in or what...

You can try to export your 3D animation as .JPG and the flash imports the all sequence (though you have to place it on stage).

or even you get the vecta 3D plug-in for 3DS Max, and export it that way.

If you ever get a solution to insert video in flash, and most of all control it, I'd like to know it cause I need a similar solution. :)

NoRain
08-02-2001, 06:24 AM
Hi Tiagom,

thanks for that suggestion, though i haven't yet used vecta 3D before. anyway, got the answer.... its really not possible for a quicktime movie to be embeded in the flsh movie... however, we can create a .MOV file with teh quicktime movie embeded as well as the flash movie in it and maintains the quality of the movie... :) .... moreover--- i'll sacrifice my the size...

by the way... what's ur URL address?

thanks again,,

ray

Tiagom
08-02-2001, 08:51 AM
It isn't. I don't have an home page. I know it's silly, but I've never made one. I only made sites for others.
And not much in Flash. only simple animations.
The advanced flash I use it's on multimedia Kiosks, here in Portugal so...

...despite you might wanna check http://www.sportis.pt, since I think you speak spanish, (right?) you might get something...

Reaver
08-29-2005, 08:21 AM
Simply download an easy interfaced prog Video to Flash Converter with plenty opportunities
it's not a freewear, but...

http://www.geovid.com/Video_to_Flash_Converter/