PDA

View Full Version : comboBox in a loaded swf

chrishosch
04-08-2004, 03:37 PM
I've got a comboBox in a swf movie which works perfectly when the movie is played alone. However, I wish to load that swf into my main movie and when I do that, the comboBox stops working. I can see it, but the comboBox menu will not come up. Is there an issue with loading swfs that contain components into other movie's?

chrishosch
04-08-2004, 03:51 PM
I forgot this:

Here's a link to the swf that works:
http://www.westerbergdesign.com/shockdoc/test/store.html

And here's what doesn't work: (click "store" at the botttom to access it)
http://www.westerbergdesign.com/shockdoc/test/index.html

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Chris

uxk8396
04-08-2004, 09:43 PM
I have the same problem dear. When I load the ComboBox and InputText into my main my.fla file, the components just disappear but I can type in txt in the InputText, however, my comboBox component would remain inactive. The flash file (my.fla) contain some communication components that I believe are conflicting in my case.
Yet when I use my ComboBox and InputText in a new doc and exported to swf, they work handsomely.
I dont have any clue about this incompability issue??
Some help please.
H

rdavido
04-11-2004, 08:02 AM
I have been working on a forms-based project and came across similar issues. One way to get around it is to load the movie in a new layer:

loadMovieNum("moviename.swf",1);

will load moviename.swf into layer1, which can then be referred to as "_layer1". "_layer0" is the default layer you are always working on and _root will refer to it when you are only using a single layer. When you adda new layer, _root refers only internally to a layer and not across two or more layers.

You can then treat the movie as a separate object. I create an empty first frame of movies I load this way and issue a :

_level1.stop(); when I load the movie into a new layer in my main movie.

As a note, bear in mind that _root will be relevant to the layer you are referencing it on. I have found this to be helpful since root is always restricted to the layer I am working with.

When I need to run the movie, on some action or what-have-you, I simply create an event that triggers:

_level1.gotoAndPlay(2);

If you need to reference an object or data between layers, such as myObj or myData, just reference it as _level1.myData or _level0.myData.

Hope this helps.

uxk8396
04-11-2004, 02:29 PM
Great solution.
Thanks
H

chrishosch
04-12-2004, 09:42 AM
Works great! Thanks.

Chris

kevincrump
12-07-2004, 04:56 PM
I the same... a DateField dropped into the _root or standalone movie works
great but the dropdown DateChooser will not function properly when place in a swf loaded with loadMovie....such as
createEmptyMovieClip("myclip",getNextHighestDepth());
myclip.loadMovie("movieWithDateField.swf");

one work around is to create a movieClip Symbol in "movieWithDateField.fla" in the library and add the DateField Component to that Clip and drop it onto the stage. The DateField will work even when the swf is loaded externally....

But, referencing the DateField Object is more difficult "myDateFieldHolder.myDateField.property"

subman
02-23-2005, 12:28 PM
well, I have had a bigger problem here, I know about placing the component on the original movie, but I have a mc that I use to swapDepth with and the components are in that mc, now I can see the dropdown info, but I can't see the selected text...

Anybody got through something like this?

Thanx

tpassow
08-10-2005, 02:41 AM
I have been working on a forms-based project and came across similar issues. One way to get around it is to load the movie in a new layer:

loadMovieNum("moviename.swf",1);

will load moviename.swf into layer1, which can then be referred to as "_layer1". "_layer0" is the default layer you are always working on and _root will refer to it when you are only using a single layer. When you adda new layer, _root refers only internally to a layer and not across two or more layers.

You can then treat the movie as a separate object. I create an empty first frame of movies I load this way and issue a :

_level1.stop(); when I load the movie into a new layer in my main movie.

As a note, bear in mind that _root will be relevant to the layer you are referencing it on. I have found this to be helpful since root is always restricted to the layer I am working with.

When I need to run the movie, on some action or what-have-you, I simply create an event that triggers:

_level1.gotoAndPlay(2);

If you need to reference an object or data between layers, such as myObj or myData, just reference it as _level1.myData or _level0.myData.

Hope this helps.
I was able to get the .swf to load into _level1 , but the components are still not working correctly.

the .swf is only a single frame movie with this code in the first frame

#include "showsessions_0726.as"

could this be the issue?
thanks

tpassow
08-10-2005, 02:56 AM
I was able to get the .swf to load into _level1 , but the components are still not working correctly.

the .swf is only a single frame movie with this code in the first frame

#include "showsessions_0726.as"

could this be the issue?
thanks
as it turns out, merely changing the publishing settings from Version 6 to Version 7 did the trick.