PDA

View Full Version : Seacrh light effect

MrBungle
08-02-2001, 10:23 AM
I'm wondering if theres a nice setup to do this effect, rather than me having to keyframe it?

I want to have 4 searchlights that are animated sweeping across the background. Each light MC will consist of the circular light spot, and a long beam, like a triangle, that suspends back down to the botttom of the screen from the spotlight source. What I'd like to simulate is the MC moving, pivoted about this point at the bottom where the beam starts, and the triangle beam scales to where the spot is, so in effect, all I'd have to manually keyframe is where the circle of light is.

I'm hpoe I'm making sense, I guess its ideally a scaling/pivot issue related to where the circle is, but I really don't know where to start!

Any help greatly appreciated

Ben

Jesse
08-03-2001, 02:40 AM
dynamically animating such a thing might be possible using _xscale or _width and the like (setProperty) but you simple won't bea ble to do it if you hope to have it illuminating content in the background. if you just want the lights themselves to move around though it may be possible.