PDA

View Full Version : I love macromedia's products

thai
02-13-2001, 01:41 AM
my problem is installing that wonderful program, flash, the trial version. Here's what it says right after i extract the .exe file:' setup failed to launch installation engine: error loading type library/DLL. same thing when i install dreamweaver's latest trial. if anybody can help me, pleasssse post something, i love there products.

Strok
02-13-2001, 02:08 AM
You can't reinstall a software if it has been expired on your computer.
You have to reinstall your OS to run it again.

thai
02-13-2001, 02:56 AM
what's expired? i have to reintall my OS, holy spit?! i can install the flash 4 and dreamweaver 2 but not the newest version. i m not bright when it comes to stuff like OS( i just like to use programs)

Jesse
02-13-2001, 08:10 AM
What Strok is saying is that your temporary liscence might have expired. See the trial versions will only operate for 30 days (trial period). After that you must buy the software. To stop you from simply reinstalling the software at the end of 30 days Macromedia put a little tag in your registry which notes the date of the first install.
So, if your orriginal 30 day trial is up, or if you unistalled a trial program before the 30 day trial period was up, in order to install a newer version you will not be able to re-install a trial version.

If your trial period is not up, you could be missing VB Run Time Libraries. What OS are you running? How long have you been runing the trial version for?

Cheers

Jesse