PDA

View Full Version : Flash Copy / Paste function

IFZen
04-30-2004, 03:46 AM
Hi mxers,

I just think it can't be done but no cost to ask. One of my office-mate asked me several time to find a solution to that problem :

- users want to copy and paste at anytime a FlashMX app content from this app to whatever can handle image content : MSWord, mail app, etc...

For now I just can tell them to make a screen copy and to cut margins with an image editor to obtain the right content. I can't see any way to make it with Flash itself. How could it access clipboard ? Any clue by your side ? :confused:

François

nathanleyton
04-30-2004, 04:33 AM
dynamically load all you images into flash. then offer link to the very same files for printing.

nathan

IFZen
04-30-2004, 06:56 AM
Thanx for reply.

The problem is that on the client side there is a lot of treaments (it embeds a GIS) and it is no question to develop a server-side equivalent part to generate an image of the client side. Sorry I wasn't precise enough. The problem is to find out a way to manipulate Flash graphical content from Flash to an other external client-side application. I really don't see any issue here.

François

oldnewbie
04-30-2004, 07:51 AM
This?

http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=27736

Also a François!

IFZen
04-30-2004, 08:44 AM
"Good stuff but users want to copy and paste graphical content (ie. movieclips, buttons, etc... ). "

understand :
Le problème est que les utilisateurs veulent copier/coller n'importe quel contenu, aussi bien du texte que des éléments graphiques. <|:[

François2François

CyanBlue
04-30-2004, 09:02 AM
Um... Just a thought... What if you do the duplicate movieClip + hide movieClip whenever the user wants to copy and make it visible when the user paste it... Mind you that it won't work if your movieClip contains some loaded image or some dynamic content in it...

Just curious... How accurate is this babelfish generated French??? :D
UM... Juste une pensée... Ce qui si vous faites le movieClip double + le movieClip de peau toutes les fois que l'utilisateur veut le copier et rendre évident quand la pâte d'utilisateur il... Occupez-vous de vous qu'il travail de won't si votre movieClip contient une certaine image chargée ou un certain contenu dynamique dans lui...

IFZen
04-30-2004, 09:29 AM
your thought is interesting, I'll give it a try this week to check images and other stuff issue. Could be a funny stuff to work on to cut and paste animation parts. Don't forget you can't duplicate mc's anywhere but where they already are.
whatever, I still can't copy flash content outside flash <:((

About your babelfish lingo, everything but french ;)

CyanBlue
04-30-2004, 09:34 AM
Ha... Everything but French??? :D

Yeah... Try that and see if that leads you anywhere... ;)
Copy outside of the Flash won't work unless you are doing it with the text... Flash just can't do that in FMX... Maybe in FMX 2040 when we can utilize more system API in Flash... :D

IFZen
04-30-2004, 09:41 AM
FMX 2040 ? According to my project planning, the project manager should be retired around 2034 and loads of users should be delocalized in China before 5 years. I think I can handle it until then. <:o)
Thanx for massive brainization

CyanBlue
04-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Hehe... That's nice plan... ;)