PDA

View Full Version : How to make a flash movie fit a browser window?

303 maddec
05-10-2004, 03:49 AM
Hi,

I wonder if it's possible to do a dynamic flash movie which is fitting the browser window, so which could be adaptative depending on the user resolution....
I know about the Stage object which works perfectly in the flashplayer. But not in a browser...since the flashmovie should be "scaled" regarding to the browser window size (I mean make it larger and higher, but not scaling the content, as when you change the resolution of your flash movie in the authoring environment).

Is it php or javascript behind this?

Thank you in advance for you help!
Best regards.

05-10-2004, 03:59 AM
In Publish Settings under HTML you'll find a param "Scale". If you put this on "no scale" and in the HTML you make your movie height and width 100% you can use the Stage object to place stuff in the corner of your Flash movie...

Hope this is what you're looking for...

303 maddec
05-10-2004, 05:32 AM
Thank you it's just what I was looking for.

An other question, do you know site, which have advanced way of using this feature?

We are surfing so often centered fixed flash site, that I wonder if there's a point why not use this feature more intensively...
Is there restrictions using this feature, is there browser or platform compatibility bugs known?

I found a sample file about this subject made by our peer Colin Moock, I'm sure it will help someone else:
http://www.moock.org/webdesign/flash/actionscript/resizableMovie/

Thank you in advance for your help!
Best regards

05-10-2004, 06:21 AM
We are surfing so often centered fixed flash site, that I wonder if there's a point why not use this feature more intensively...
Is there restrictions using this feature, is there browser or platform compatibility bugs known?
Not that I know...