PDA

View Full Version : PDA's and beaming

extol
06-20-2004, 07:51 PM
Does anyone know if and SWF running on one PDA can beam data to an SWF running on a different PDA? Is there any fscommand for beaming? Anyone have ANY vague ideas about this? Please help!

farafiro
06-21-2004, 02:42 AM
extol
welcome to the forums

what is the PDA??

Axonn
06-21-2004, 03:06 AM
PDA is a handheld computer farafiro ::- ). I beleive the PDAs can be linked to one another by BlueTooth or some other radio-device. He is asking if he can do a link between a movie on two separate PDAs with a fsCommand. Personally, I think the answer is "no way!"... The only way to link the two PDAs I think is through API or Applications created in a programming language. But let's see what the expert says ::- ).

P.S.: Sorry for the long absence, I have lots of trouble on my head... ::- (.

farafiro
06-21-2004, 03:52 AM
I donno if it will work or not
but try the LocalConnection()

extol
06-21-2004, 11:54 AM
Thanks for your replies!

Axonn - you may be right, about having to use API. Personally in the future, I think this should be possible using Flash. That way you don't have to compile an app for Palm OS, and for Pocket PC, and etc. You could just have one SWF and it will work on any PDA that can play Flash movies. And since infrared beaming between PDA's is such a basic thing, it only makes sense to include that feature. As long as there has to be acceptance by the receiving party so that unwanted data cannont be sent.

Farafiro - that's a good idea about using localconnection(). But there would have to be something to put in as the domain you are trying to reach. So somehow you'd have to find all the PDA's that are in range first and then get their address to send the info to them.

Not sure what I'll do. I am just making an app for personal use for myself and some friends. So I don't want to buy the expensive package to make my movie to an EXE (which can include API commands). Plus only a couple of us use Pocket PC and the rest Palm. So I'd probably have to buy another package to make it work on Palm systems.