PDA

View Full Version : help with loadmovie and unload movie

toddot
06-28-2004, 12:36 PM
Hello all.

I am new to actionscript so please be kind - lol

What I am attempting to do is have an external swf load when my main movie enters a certain frame, while this external swf loads and plays I would like the mainmovie to continue to play as well, and lastly, when the loaded external swf is finished playing I would like it to unload automatically and return to the main movie on a frame I specify

The problem I am having at the moment is when the external swf loads, my mainmovie stops playing and remains static until the external swf has finished playing.

Any help would be most appreciated, thanks in advance

toddot

oldnewbie
06-28-2004, 01:30 PM
I don't understand why your main movie stops (if you're not stopping it!) while the external movie loads?
Can you attach your .fla or a mockup, replicating the problem, zipped up and in MX only format.

toddot
06-28-2004, 02:29 PM
hi again

you can see what I have done here - http://leisurelarry.no-ip.info - and you can also dl the .fla files

I have in fact stopped the movie because I want the user to click on the word "commencer" to load the first movie, afterwards I would like the movies to load automatically when entering a certain frame

I appreciate the time you are taking to help me

toddot

oldnewbie
06-28-2004, 02:40 PM
Avant de "downloader" 55MBs, je veux m'assurer que ces .flas sont bien en format MX seulement, pas MX2004, car si c'est le cas, je ne pourrai pas les ouvrir!

CyanBlue
06-28-2004, 02:47 PM
Woah... One of the biggest sample that I have seen... 55MB???
Dang... It will probably take 5 days to download... :D

oldnewbie
06-28-2004, 02:54 PM
Get a fast connection Cyan Blue!
My worry is that they'd be MX2004 .flas, and only finding that out after downloading them!

toddot
06-28-2004, 03:03 PM
sorry bout the size of the sample files, like I said, I am fairly new to this and might not be aware of methods to reduce file size....
toddot

CyanBlue
06-28-2004, 03:07 PM
Hehe... I was just teasing him, oldnewbie... :D
Yet, he didn't tell you what file format it is saved to... :(
The first way to save the file size is to use Save As menu under the File menu, toddot... and you can always get rid of the items that you do not use from the library... Try that and see how small it gets, hopefully...

oldnewbie
06-28-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm not worried about the size or download time...
Are they in MX only format or not?

toddot
06-28-2004, 03:29 PM
yes they are, sorry bout that

toddot
06-28-2004, 07:58 PM
woohoo, figured it out it!, got it working just the way I want it to, thanks for all your help, will post when done, your comments would be most welcome

toddot

oldnewbie
06-28-2004, 08:27 PM
Good for you, 'cause I couldn't even open up your 22MBs .fla!
Good luck!