PDA

View Full Version : plugin inconsistencies

mikerichdale
08-21-2001, 11:52 PM
Has any-one else had problems with inconsistencies between the Netscape & M$-IE flash plugins?

I have made a movie that works perfectly in netscape and works sometimes in IE.. (it involves loading xml data and attaching multipule movieclips) I think it must be something to do with M$ using activeX for their plugin..??

anyone else had problems like this?

Mike

Jesse
08-22-2001, 03:06 AM
I've never experienced any inconsistencies which didn't come down to my own programming faults, except in the case of fscommands which are an exception rather than a rule. perhaps it's the XML... I dunno, I don't use XML.

DVDdude
08-27-2001, 03:27 AM
I have found some problems with using Front Page but again it came down to HTML scripting errors on my part...What are you using to upload your movies?

mikerichdale
08-28-2001, 02:56 AM
no uploading necessary I am running my own apache server..

I may have found the problem.
I am running a dual processor machine, which I think may be causing synchronisation problems. To test my theroy I installed vmware and win2000 (using only one of my processors) and it seems to work sweet.

The problem only seems to occur on Internet Explorer, It works on Netscape 4 & 6 and on Linux so I think it's the fault of m$'s activeX plugins.. oh well it's not my code that's the problem.

DVDdude
08-29-2001, 11:56 PM
Great TS I have a dual server too maybe I should run some test on it. Thanks for the insight.