PDA

View Full Version : loader component doesn't load swf?

emergency_pants
07-19-2004, 08:13 AM
I have some loader components into which I am loading some swf files. However, they do not seem to load. I have tried replacing the swf files with jpg and the images work fine!

Can anyone give me any pointers as to why the swf doesn't load but the jpg does?

The Flash Docs say that a loader can be used with an image or a swf. Doesn't look that way from here. I must be doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what *head scratch*

EDIT: ok... so I worked out that the loader doesn't load the swf when sounds are created using a new Sound Object and then attached using a linked file from the library. wtf? When the sounds are placed on the timeline as an event, it works.

Has anyone come across this before? How do I get around it? Do I really have to go through all of my external swfs and place all the sounds on the timeline?

As usual, I found no documentation of this in the Flash component help... this is become a real bugbear with me and it's the last time I use any Flash built-in components... ever. But right now I have a MAJOR application build which is totally full of components... and there was me thinking they would save me time!! LMFAO! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for any help.

Billy T
07-19-2004, 09:22 AM
when creating the sound object you probably forgot the target parameter

ie

mySound=new Sound(this);

emergency_pants
07-19-2004, 01:42 PM
Thanks, Billy.

The target parameter was pointing to a _root movieClip but after loading, it wasn't in the _root anymore!! Silly me.

Blimey... I've been working on this for too long & I'm beginnning to rant and go maaaaaaaaaad!! :D :rolleyes:

That solved the issue, thanks for the tip.

Billy T
07-19-2004, 02:49 PM
no worries