PDA

View Full Version : My Rollovers aren't working

nycbrian
07-21-2004, 03:07 AM
Hi all,

The lowdown is that I am creating a site for someone and I made changes to one of the pages and now the rollovers aren't working. Its strange because I used the same code for the rollovers on for the main navigation and they work fine. I am going to post the page that is giving me problems, please keep in mind that this page loaded inside the main swf and is also loading a child swf within itself. On the buttons, I use the _parent reference instead of the _root reference to make sure it is refering back to the correct swf.

The rollovers aren't work and when you hover over the text it looks likes it blinking rapidly. Perhaps something is getting stuck.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Brian

LordBurton
07-21-2004, 05:58 PM
Two things I would have done differently (Being new to flash I might be doing this wrong) But First off I believe to issue the command you wanted the text boxes had to be dynamic. And then give them a instant name to refer to. Next Instead of using just text as a button place a white box behind the text inorder to give it a better click.

I hope what I have attached helps you out.

myarro
07-21-2004, 10:20 PM
The flickering is caused by the fact that the "hit area" for you button is the width of the letter strokes themselves, which you can easily move over and off in just a few pixels. You can solve this by adding a color block beneath the text, as part of the movieclip, and make that block a moveclip as well. Then set its alpha to 0, making invisible. Then you will have a nice, big hit area.

nycbrian
07-22-2004, 05:51 AM
thanks for the help. That did it.