PDA

View Full Version : need an idea for an intro to website

mmm..pi..3.14..
08-02-2004, 04:57 AM
Howdy,

I'm designing a website for my older brother's band, and I'm having a little trouble thinking of a cool intro to make. I'm not limited to really anything, I have swift 3D and Flash (duh :rolleyes: ) and am moderately good (compared to real professionals) at designing things with both of them, I'm just drawing a blank on what to make, below is info about the band if you want to incorporate anything...

The band's name is "Left Behind"
The style of music is indie punk-rock (sort of :) )
3 members in the band, don't know if that helps at all

They are trying to avoid the style of other Flash sites which closely resembles "The Terminator" opening credits and the special effects of the entire "iRobot" movie (no offense to the people who like their site to look like the year 2083...lol)

any ideas?

Ruben
08-02-2004, 10:56 AM
How about something that makes the viewer feel like they're watching a performance??

- Ruben

mmm..pi..3.14..
08-02-2004, 10:08 PM
mmm...you mean like a cartoon type of thing that looks like the band members playing a live show?

It doesn't have to be a very long intro (just 20 - 30 seconds is fine), which is why a view of a performance would be kind of hard to fit in that time frame.

Thanks for the idea though, I'll think about it :)

Ruben
08-04-2004, 12:41 PM
mmm...you mean like a cartoon type of thing that looks like the band members playing a live show?

It doesn't have to be a very long intro (just 20 - 30 seconds is fine), which is why a view of a performance would be kind of hard to fit in that time frame.

Well, wether or not to use cartoon-like stuff in your intro would depend on how serious the band wants to be taken....if it's just a few people jamming and having fun then you could try the cartoon-thing...if you've got lyrics which have deeper meanings and stuff then I'd try using some other style then cartoon...
See this:
http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?t=51130

Regarding the 20/30-second thing: Since you know the band yourself you could try talking them into making something in which every bandmember shows their skills....like first the leadsinger starting to sing something, then the guitarist doing a solo, etc, etc...

:rolleyes: - Ruben

mmm..pi..3.14..
08-05-2004, 12:06 AM
Wow!! that beatles thing was awesome :)

I think a shorter version of that with the band's music playing would be perfect

Thanks for the idea ruben!!! :)

Ruben
08-05-2004, 08:28 AM
No problem

:p - Ruben