PDA

View Full Version : KeepAlive?

ice13
08-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Hi all,

I've been having problems with a small amount of users who aren't able to stay connected to my FCS for significant periods of time (they get disconnected after a short period, anything from 2-20 minutes), whilst others have no problem being on for hours.

I've been told "that your users are behind a firewall and get connected using RTMPT on port 80 (i.e. HTTP Tunnelling). The problem is that some administrators dont allow KeepAlive connections on port 80. So this could be a reason for their disconnection."

Can anyone confirm this and/or suggest any ways around this to allow these users to stay connected for long periods?

Thankyou
ice13

ibizconsultants
08-25-2004, 07:45 PM
Hi Ice,

The explaination on the HTTP port getting disconnected is true as not many ISP administrators allow KeepAlive connections at the clients end. This has caused a lot of problems.

Another issue is to check if you have a bug in your main.asc file. When you have an untrapped bug that has originated because of a particular user's interaction with the system then his socket is disconnected.

You could install the logger application from the macromedia website.

Please do let me know if this helps.

iBizConsultants
Interfacing your business with the world.
www.ibizconsultants.com (http://www.ibizconsultants.com)