PDA

View Full Version : how to control an mc over another mc

kompas
08-26-2004, 08:40 AM
Hello there,
I have 2 movieclip (mc) on the stage. There is 'mc1' and 'mc2'. In the 'mc2', I put another mc, which is 'mc3'. The question is can I control 'mc3' with the button event that lying in 'mc1'? I mean, I write some script like this on a button in 'mc1':

on(realese)
_root.mc2.mc3.gotoAndPlay(2)

but it won't work anyway.
So please let me know how to control an mc over another mc. Thanks for the help. Before and after.

Laguana
08-26-2004, 08:45 AM
It may be your spelling, as release is spelt like so, not as realese. If that isn't the problem, i'd check what the names of the movie clips are, as that should work. If it still doesn't work, try just copying the following

on(release) {
_root.mc2.mc3.gotoAndPlay(2)
}

kompas
08-26-2004, 09:01 AM
aha! I'm sorry for the wrong spelling (realese). But yes that isn't the problem. I already used a script like you used write here. But, still it won't work. 'thogh I'm sure the instance name for the mc is absolutely correct.

jsam
08-26-2004, 12:49 PM
aha! I'm sorry for the wrong spelling (realese). But yes that isn't the problem. I already used a script like you used write here. But, still it won't work. 'thogh I'm sure the instance name for the mc is absolutely correct.

Hi,

Try the one which i've attached..

Jsam..

gkiran_5g
08-30-2004, 07:01 AM
hi , iam new to this onw.
i think this is the solution for u r problem . just check it once.

gkiran_5g
08-31-2004, 05:31 AM
i think this is the solution for ur problem