PDA

View Full Version : Flash E-Card Problem

seattleartist
09-11-2001, 12:09 AM
This message is for Jesse:
I have encountered a problem while using your Flash E-Card system. I've already mentioned this in a personal e-mail message, but for the benefit of the entire list I've also decided to post this question here. Whenever I use a comma in my message, I find that the words end after I use it. Is there something that I can do to fix this problem? Thanks.

Jesse
09-11-2001, 07:57 AM
The data has to be passed into your text file in some structured form. I used comma separated strings because that's pretty standard but I didn't take into account the fact that any commas in the enterred strinsg would subsequently terminate the field... if you go through the script and replace the comma separator with something very uncommon like a pipe ( | ) you prolly wont have the same porblem. remember to adapt the writer and reader to use pipes as separators instead of commas.

seattleartist
09-11-2001, 06:25 PM
Hi Jesse,
Thanks for your expert advice. I followed it, modifying both the writer and reader files. I used a "pipe" symbol instead of a comma- and now I can use commas in the e-cards. Thanks again.