PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! XML menu using Duplicate MC - scrolling issue

kpletch
09-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Please help:

I did not create this file on my own, so I won't take credit for it, but I'm really trying to learn from it and modify it.

I found a nice source file online for an XML controlled menu that uses the "duplicate" to create the menu based on the xml nodes. I really like the way this works OTHER than one major flaw:

The scroll bar only works if the MC is placed at the TOP of the flash movie. This is also true if you try to load the menu into a targetMC within another .swf file. The scrolling get all jacked up.

I'm hoping someone can help modify this file so the scrolling isn't tied to the _y position of the movie OR someone can get this to scroll using a scrollpane or scroll bar component of some kind.

I've included the source files, including a test of when loading the menu into a targetMC of another .swf, how the menu gets messed up.

Any help would definitely be appreciated.
Thanks,
kPletch

kpletch
09-07-2004, 05:24 PM
There has got to be some Actionscript pro out there who could offer some help...

Anyone, anyone?

Ritalin
08-24-2005, 02:37 PM
Ok, This is WAY into this post but i dl'd it yesterday while looking for myself and fixed it so that you can reposition it and load it into an mc.

on the instance of dragSlider there is a line of code:
bounds = _parent.bound_box.getBounds (_root);

change the to:
bounds = _parent.bound_box.getBounds();

Removing the _root seems to work beautifully. Hope it's helped someone.