PDA

View Full Version : open file from projector or .swf file

schadeberg
09-24-2001, 02:31 AM
Hello my names Frank (web developer) and I'm in Australia.
I'm creating a splash animated intro for a CD using Flash. Im saving the .swf file as a projector. The problem I'm having is that I have a few buttons which should act as links to other HTML files. This all works ok creating the files on a mac, however when I create the files in a pc the links dont work. They do work if I place the .swf file in an HTML file, but the links dont work directly from the .swf file or from the projector file (.exe file)

Please HELP somebody?

Jesse
09-24-2001, 06:09 AM
Hmm that's an odd one. Are the links to files in the same directory as the projector or external files? Local or online? Never heard of this problem before, it's likely a (directory) pathing problem.

schadeberg
09-24-2001, 08:19 AM
Hi Jesse,

Thanks for answering...I've tried everything. Spent more than 2 days on this one problem alone. Its quite easy to test..all you do is create a flash file, add in a link via the instant function. (Lets say the file is intro.fla and the file that is is to link to is start.htm) Now export the file as intro.swf - Open up the intro.swf file and the link doesnt work?

The intro.swf file and the start.htm files are in the same directory?

Jesse
10-02-2001, 07:56 AM
Works fien for me as an SWF and in the projector, provided the HTML file name is correct.. (I'm on a PC with Win2k)