PDA

View Full Version : _lockroot: The "root" of all evil??

LostInRecursion
09-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Hi all,

I posted yesterday but since then I have a more specific breakdown of my problem to help anyone who could help me.

I have some Form screens under the app root, the structure looks like this...

application
dtlogin
dtsales
dtmanagement

I am having the problem discussed in the Flash help section where loading content into a screen causes certain components (ie ComboBox) to work funny. So I went through and removed all references to _root and then tried to set the _lockroot property. Still, the components do not work.

I have tried placing the _lockroot everywhere from the application screen's custom class (Application) to the first frame in the target clip and even in that clip's custom class.

It's driving me nuts! A documented problem with a documented answer, and the answer doesn't work!

Anyone have any wisdom for an old soul?
-Ken

rberry88
09-16-2004, 03:52 PM
From my understanding of lockroot, you don't need to remove the references to _root inside the _parent clip if you use this.lockroot=true; because using lockroot would still allow you to use _root inside that MC, it just won't communicate with your main root timeline.

rberry88

LostInRecursion
09-16-2004, 04:13 PM
The problem I think is in the ComboBox class maybe referencing a root property somewhere - I don't mind using relative addressing, it's just that I can't get the components to load correctly.

Goaler
09-16-2004, 10:06 PM
I have had the same trouble.

I ended up making a MC called myRoot, and loading everything in there. It seems to have worked...

kopo
11-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Try loading movie into a new level

read this thread:

http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?t=44860