PDA

View Full Version : Help with scollbar to control timeline.

Serpream
09-28-2004, 09:08 PM
Hi ive been searching for 2 hours now with no luck for a scollbar that when dragged back and forth cycles threw the timelines frames. I done a search n this site but couldnt see my question so sorry if its repeative.

Im new to flash cause this is part of my college project. What i need help with is how to make a scrollbar/button that when dragged from one end of the screen will cycle threw the timeline and then back when reversed.

Either that or when dragged to the oppisite starting end will load a random image each time. I think ive gone way over my head :(

tg
09-28-2004, 10:09 PM
put a movieclip on your stage.
give it the instancename 'dragger'
then put this code on a frame that spans the first 100 frames (or howerver many frames you want to scroll thru) of your movie....

dragger.onPress=function(){
this.startDrag(false,1,this._y,100,this._y);// drag from 1 to 100
this.dragging=true;
this.onEnterFrame=this.whileDragging;
};
dragger.onRelease=function(){
this.dragging=false;
this.onEnterFrame=null;
};
dragger.whileDragging=function(){
_root.gotoAndStop(Math.floor(this._x));
};

Serpream
09-29-2004, 09:40 AM
swet thank you sooo much. Man this really sets off what i want to do thx again :)

Nxt prob is how to get it to the size and place i need it. The idea is that u grab a corner then drag is to the left *this seems to go right to go forward :(* then when u let go it randomly loads a image into a frame and also at the same time reseting back to the right.

I got the ideas but no clue in the world how to code until my action script book arrives if ever :(