PDA

View Full Version : preventing auto-scaling of a movie..

Ozero
10-04-2004, 07:28 PM
I'm used to director... when you set a stage size, that's what you get.. new to flash, I knew flash had the CAPABILITY to scale to the window open, but didn't expect it to be default...

My project is designed to be a specific size.... so how do i keep it from scaling up to fill the browser window?

thx in adavance...

Cota
10-05-2004, 01:56 AM
Change your publish settings so that it stays the size you make it.

Ozero
10-06-2004, 05:29 PM
thanks.. tho.... hrm... well, i guess i should have been more specific.. is there a way to do it WITHOUT loading the FLA through an HTML?

splict
10-06-2004, 09:58 PM
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure (I never really use .swf's outside of the browser) that if they are just opening the .swf in Flash Player, they will be able to resize the window. You can, however, keep your content from scaling (which I think is what you are asking) by placing the following actionscript on your timeline:Stage.scaleMode = "noScale";

PCGamre
10-06-2004, 09:59 PM
No, I think to be on the web, swfs MUST be (embedded) in an html page, ie a webpage, so the browser can pick it up.

So, to simulate this, make a link that pops up a window which, contains the swf, that is not resizeable, doesn't show menubar, location bar, scrollbar, and toolbar. A quick search on google, you'll find a good tutorial on how to do it if you don't already know how. If you can't find one and no one else replies, I'll write it up here.

OR you can put it in a full size page and just put it in a table cell (whatever dimensions you wish). That'll also keep it confined to a defined size and not make it resizable.

Later.

splict
10-07-2004, 01:38 AM
It does not have to be in a webpage, you can view an swf directly in a browser, although I don't see any reason to. However, you are right, PCGamre, that what you are saying is probably the best way to achieve what he is asking. I can't recommend popups to anyone, though. ;)

Ozero
10-07-2004, 02:20 AM
thanks guys, the "Stage.scaleMode = "noScale";" gave the result i was looking for..

now.. assuming the sound doesnt give me any huge headaches, it should be a while until my next nooby question...

unless any of you have any scripting to keep kittens off the keyboard...

Vache
02-17-2006, 05:35 AM
just for referrence, here's the pop up with javascript in case anybody is looking.

chatwindow =window.open("<your site path>","<windowName>","height=440,width=550,resizable=no,toolbar=no,menub ar=no,status=no,scrollbars=no");