PDA

View Full Version : Pop up question

avelives
10-07-2004, 09:10 AM
Ok i have a question, i realise there are oodles of forum replies about pop up windows but none specifically cover what im after.

I have an image on my splash page with an image map which when clicked launches my site.
However i want it to launch my site in a pop up window with no toolbars etc (you know taking up the whole window)

I have found scripts for pop ups within flash and many for ones done with text links or automatically but none which seem to work on my image map.

Here is my code for the image map<map name="Map">
<area shape="rect" coords="141,175,207,186" href="SENDEN_B.html"></map>
OR alternatively some code which will launch a window but from an image button (i could feasibly chop my intro art up and arrange it in a table so that one bit of it was the BUTTON for launching

Any help appreciated

avelives
10-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Hmm no body got any idea then ??
Its odd ive been looking all day for something on this and cannot find anything relevant.

Maybe i wasnt clear the first time, I basically need some javascript which i can apply to a an image (button) which launches a pop up window which is customisable (in terms of scaling/scrolling etc)

If not i guess ill have to do a flash movie to launch it as i know how to do it from flash. Either that or keep looking

tg
10-07-2004, 07:22 PM
try replacing your href with a javascript function name. then cut and paste one of the popup functions you've found into a javascript function with the same name referenced in your map. should work.

tg
10-07-2004, 07:27 PM
if your doing this in dreamweaver... there is probably an extension that does this for you.

avelives
10-08-2004, 08:46 AM
ok i came up with the following
<script>
function openpopup(){
var popurl="SENDEN_B.html"
winpops=window.open(popurl,"","width=820,height=500,")
}
</script>
<map name="Map">
<area shape="rect" coords="141,175,207,186" href="javascript:openpopup()"></map>
I thought id post the code in case anyone in the future had same problem i had (as it happened though solution was alot easier than i expected)

avelives
10-11-2004, 08:04 AM
I have this working now (as i said above) but id quite like to know how i can add an address and tool bar to the pop up and make it maximised on spawn...

Any ideas how to do this or decent tutorial which will explain it (javascript isnt one of my strong points)

tg
10-11-2004, 02:05 PM
winpops=window.open(popurl,"","width=820,height=500,location=yes,toolbar=yes")

location is the address bar, yes to show, no to hide
toolbar is the toolbar, yes to show, no to hide.

you won't want to set the width and height if you want it maximized. so take those out. instead you could put in screen.availHeight & screen.availWidth.
i don't think thats truely maximized, but it should fill the screen.