PDA

View Full Version : avoid stretching

Duffman
10-10-2004, 03:00 AM
i have made an input field, but i only made one. however, i need more than one different input field size. when i resize the smaller input field, the text field stretchs so there is an indent. is there a way to avoid this?

p.s. the same problem happens with a symbol of just a box and a line, when you resize it, the line gets bigger two.

CyanBlue
10-10-2004, 04:37 AM
Howdy and Welcome... :)

Do NOT resize the textField like that... Double click on the textField and you will see a small square on the right side of the textField... Drag it to resize the textField...

Duffman
10-10-2004, 04:37 PM
my text field is burryed in a movie i made called "text input." it has a bunch of actions in it and a graphic for the input box. is there a way to resize the movie "text input" without stretching?

CyanBlue
10-10-2004, 05:06 PM
In other words, you want to resize a movieClip that contains a textField, right???
Nope, not that I know of... :(

Ruben
10-10-2004, 05:15 PM
my text field is burryed in a movie i made called "text input." it has a bunch of actions in it and a graphic for the input box. is there a way to resize the movie "text input" without stretching?

Well, never tested it...but maybe if you give the input-box the instancename "somebox" and put this script on the frame:somebox._xscale = 100 / (_xscale / 100);

Give it a try and tell what comes out

:) - Ruben

Duffman
10-10-2004, 08:33 PM
i found a solution. in my text field movie, i put a createTextField with "boxWidth" as the width. then for each instance of the input field, i put:
onClipEvent (load) {
boxWidth = 225;
}

Ruben
10-11-2004, 08:18 AM
Clever thinking!

- Ruben