PDA

View Full Version : flash projector creation

Yonderboy
10-03-2001, 11:55 AM
i have a flash movie that has lots of other loaded movies (included a shared libary) attached to it.

If i send all the movies with the projector to someone else without a flash plugin, will they be able to view the project ok even though all the sub movies havent been included in the main projector?

I know there's an option within director to include sub movies, but not in flash :(

thanks for your help

red penguin
10-03-2001, 01:28 PM
Are you referring to swf's ???

If they don't have a flash plug-in, tell them to get one right away! What are they waiting for?

pedroinfante1
10-23-2001, 07:37 AM
Hi there,

Flash Projectors are executable files, which include all the instructions to play movies. The end user doesnīt need the plugin to view .exe projectors. That isnīt the case with .swf movies, wich doesnīt include the code to be played standalone.

Just handle the standalone projector and all the external .swf files, the projector will handle the playback.

Oh, and remember projectors are platform dependent: a Windows projector wonīt play in Macintosh and viceversa.

Good luck

Yonderboy
10-23-2001, 07:54 AM
cool - so as long as the main swf is made into a projector - all the sub swfs should work fine?

red penguin
10-23-2001, 01:49 PM
I believe that should be the case...
:D

Yonderboy
10-23-2001, 01:54 PM
thanks for your help

Jesse
10-24-2001, 02:09 AM
as a side note, it turns out my method of protecting my valuable source by compiling my FLAs as EXEs doesn't work after all because tehre are now programs which can rip the SWF out of an EXE then rip the code from an SWF. It's pretty ludicrous actually. let's hope MM's taking their time with Flash 6 because they intend to allow code encryption.

BEANZ
11-11-2001, 09:37 AM
hmmm