PDA

View Full Version : Searching for colors

mcmcom
10-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Would it be possible to search for a HEX color in a movie clip, or a text object, or ANYTHING in a swf for that matter. Just wondering :rolleyes:

Xeef
10-15-2004, 07:36 PM
Hmmmmm MAYBY not sure

Color.getRGB()

mcmcom
10-15-2004, 07:38 PM
that could do ti but now the way i want. For that to work i need to loop through either a selection object or a textSnapshot, this returns only index position of text within a text box. (IE character 1000 will have that color) Unfortuantely I need to find a bounding box (x, y coords) that is that color.

:(

Xeef
10-15-2004, 08:05 PM
NO SHANCE !!! :( :( :( :( :(

it woud by great if there woud by somthing like this because then you coud make nice pixel efects but there is nothing like this :( :(

i hope i understand you right and you mean somthing like ---> my_mc.GetPixelcolorAt(10,10)

mcmcom
10-15-2004, 08:11 PM
ya exactly.

It goes with my previous posts about searching. I have created a search function and can highlite found text, but the text it searches for is on a mc within a scrollPane. so if the FOUND text is below the viewable area in the scrollPane i need to be able to scroll Down to it. Unfortunately all the numbers i get back from the search are character positions. With this i would have to make a lookup table with all the metric information of the text (ie. number of chars in a line, number of lines on the page) Its a lot of work, just checkin out other options.

Thanks
McM