PDA

View Full Version : Site Check

designholiday
10-20-2004, 10:15 PM
Im working on my site since I havent had it up in a long time. I know it needs lot more work but i would like some comments and sugestions. No need to reply with spelling/grammer errors il redo them when the site is finished i just put stuff there for the scroll bars. I also know the the text animation is a little bit messed up because i had to use static text for animations and dynamic text for scrolling and other stuff(I know i can make a scroll bar from a movie clip useing a mask but i dont want to do that unless i have to). Also there is only 2 pages working atm, Home and Profile. Please lemme know what you like.

http://www.flash-matic.com

Gibberish
10-21-2004, 04:38 PM
You have a fade in I would looking reversing it for a fade out also. Side nav text is not really readable for portoflio and contact, If the user has to lean forward to see what it is you just got an annoyed user.

CookieDog
10-22-2004, 09:03 PM
Nice menu effect with the easing bar on rollover, but Gibberish, is right: it's too hard to read. It's a no-no to use black type on a dark blue background for the menu buttons on the bottom.

Your 'arrow' that you use as your mouse pointer, stops at the border of your flash movie, and just kind of sits there and you can see just part of it sticking out from the edge, when the mouse pointer defaults back to normal. You should change the ._visible or ._alpha property so you can't see it when the mouse goes off the stage border.

You've got a lot of type-o's you should clean up:
- About Me, under Hobbies, you have a blank space that shouldn't be there after 'Web Design' and before 'Guitar'.

- 'Porfolio' should be Portfolio, etc.

FYI - I tried selecting that type to paste it here, and couldn't, so I would make the text selectable, just in case...